As you all know, last Saturday saw 8 months of planning come to fruition in a single day. Both Andy and myself have had many sleepless nights over that time, and I’m pretty sure that the rest of our management team shared this feeling!
I’d like to take this opportunity on behalf of us both to thank everyone who made the event happen, because without you guys, I wouldn’t be sat here writing this…
Firstly, on event day, I’d like to thank all of our amazing volunteers. These guys came down and gave up their Saturday so that all you athletes could enjoy the event. They managed the registration desks, covered the stairwells, gave you all your goody bags, amongst many other roles, for this guys I thank you. Hopefully aside from the money you helped us raise, you got some great views from the Bridgewater Place roof.
Our sponsors in no particular order…
- Bridgewater Place and Jones Lang LeSalle, you both bent over backwards to get the show on the road, and spent quite a bit of cash to help us ensure it all runs smoothly.
- The Yorkshire Cancer Centre, aside from all the PR that you gave us to advertise the event throughout the hospital, you helped us staff the event with volunteers, whilst giving us constant support in the setup of the event.
- G-Rex Fitness for working on the event from day one, from event proposal to managing the day itself in the form of Andy and myself.
- Rushfirth Creative for designing all the fantastic branding, I think you’ll agree it looked absolutely brilliant!
- The Yorkshire Mafia for donating their booking system, to say that it saved Andy and I a couple of hours of admin would be a massive understatement.
- Innovate Contract Furniture for building the stage on the day of the event, it looked amazing, something that I’ve grown accustomed to with the company.
- ghd sponsored two of the floors on event day, as you will have seen from the photos, as well as many staff members signed up to the challenge and ran the stairs.
- Airienteers Orienteering, Steve in particular, for coming down for the full day and providing us with the dibber timing system, I love it, and it came across that you guys loved it too!
- ASDA and Tesco for donating everything you received in your goody bags.
- CrossFit West Yorkshire for helping us spread the word of the event; you guys turned out in force and pushed the leader board to the wire!
- UK Outdoor Fitness for providing Rupert to lead the first two warm up sessions, preparing the athletes for the ascent to come.
- Xercise4Less for backing the event and donating winners prizes.
- Osteogenic Centers UK for coming out on the day and giving athletes free use of your kit, something that I know plenty of people took advantage of.
- Up and Running and Sweatshop, both backed the event from the start, and gave away vouchers for their stores in the goody bags.
- Eversheds for providing all the tables and chairs for the day so that we didn’t have to rent anything.
Secondly, can I thank our photographers Nicky, Mark, Karl, Craig and Mike, the photos/videos that you captured on the day are awesome, and I know that from the amount of notifications I’ve received on the iPhone all athletes loved them too. If you haven’t seen them, check out the G-Rex Fitness HQ facebook page where they’re all housed, with links to each photographers web address.
And last but not least, we can’t forget to thank you guys, the stairclimbers. If you hadn’t have signed up and taken part, we wouldn’t have had the great success that we had. Every single person, from the winning male and female, to the last ones to cross the finish line, you all gave it your all.
Great work everyone, it’s been a long 8 months… but it was worth every second!